Multimedia Authoring - Quicktime Dead?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 18:58:45 EDT 2006

Well, not sure if this applies in any sense whatsoever, it uses the
Theora codec: www.getdemocracy.com/  but it does show how others are
approaching the field.

Theora can also be played through VideoLAN: www.videolan.org
Might make the case for an External to manage playback via VideoLAN
and bundle it into a Rev app. I haven't seen the API, but being Open
Source I'd imagine it'd be fairly, well...open...!

Would that classify as a starting point for a Multimedia Authoring app?

Cheers,

Luis.