Multimedia Authoring - Quicktime Dead?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:02:24 EDT 2006

Greg,

What specific kinds of improvements or changes were you looking for in QT
that you didn't find but managed to locate in Flash? I'm curious because I'm
going to go through this same process soon and want to be sure to pick the
right tool as well.

More and more video content on the Web seems to be defaulting to Windows
Movie format which is problematic at best and useless at worst on my Mac.
But places like YouTube have video that plays just fine in all of the
browsers I ever try to run on Mac or that other platform.

Did you look at MovieWorks? That used to be a very powerful QT authoring
tool/environment but I don't know how/if they've kept up either. But it's
only $80 and seems to do a lot of what the multimedia authors I know want to
do. No scripting, though. :-(

Ironic that as we move toward more ubiquitous demand for video, QT starts to
fade, if indeed it is.

Dan