Shell

hershf at rgllc.us hershf at rgllc.us
Wed Oct 18 17:07:25 EDT 2006

Quoting Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>:

> I have never used PostgreSQL, so I don't know how you normally start
> it. However from the error message, it appears that you don't start it
> with sudo, just with a standard user's login.
>
> Can you start PostgreSQL as normal from the Terminal and post the
> commands you use (blanking out any password). Then we can see how that
> needs to be altered to work directly from Rev.
>
> One other point: the message box does not always act exactly the same
> as a script in an object, so for testing, I suggest you make a button
> and do this in a mouseUp handler.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah
first of all thanks for your response and sorry for the delay, accidently I
posted my password and had to change it immediatly and some how my computer
got locked and took a while till i got back to business plus the holidays.
Ok, I open terminal, quote
Hershel-Fischs-Computer:~ hershelfisch$ su - postgres
Password:
Hershel-Fischs-Computer:~ postgres$ /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/
pgsql/data -i
and quote
Thanks a million, Hersel Fisch

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2006-10-18 16:19:56 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/AD3C8C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/AD3C8C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 1469; next OID: 17250
LOG:  database system is ready