Use of abbreviations in scripts

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 12:47:58 EDT 2006

>> On 10/15/06 4:18 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, my question to all, since it seems to be OK and even "in" to use
>>> abbreviations, how about for examples on this list where newbies read
>>> scripts?  Should those be spelled out or should newbies learn to read
>>> abbrev early?  (The word "should" should be read in the most generous
>>> sense in all places.)
The main reason for me to know/use abbreviations is that they will be
reserved words that cannot be used as variable, handler, or custom property
names.  This is one of the reasons that a script that looks 'legal and
correct' will generate an error.

Newbies could be very confused since they are doing 'exactly' what the docs
say.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas