MS SQL Connectivity ?

Cat Kutay ckutay at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Oct 16 22:35:26 EDT 2006

Dave
not sure htis helps, but the steps i use for mysql are:

1.Put the sql file my.ini in c:\windows directory so that is the system
default for sql access parameters
For instance if mysql is running on port 3306 this needs to be set in
this file

2.In sql configuration, set root to remote access of database. Seemed to
be needed even when using on localhost

3.Set user to root in your Revolution request, again seemed to be
necessary probably for same reason as previous step ie
revOpenDatabase("MySQL","",
"databaseNameHere","root","rootPasswordHere",0/1?)
  0/1 depending on ssl usage
Note do not need "localhost" in host parameter

4.If you ahve more than one sql running on your system, check the
process called 'mysql' is the correct one, ie the one you want to be
access, is up and running, etc.

5. set path in Revolution script to the server which is up and running,
in step 4.
revSetDatabaseDriverpath "C:\Program Files\mysql\bin"

6. Also check your internet firewall is not blocking access to sql
server (even localhost)
Cheers

--
Cat Kutay                 )\._.,--....,'``.
Room 206 CSE            _/, _.. \! _\ ;`._ ,.
Email: ckutay at cse.unsw.edu.au
Ph: 61 (0)2 9385 5257 Fax: 61 (0)2 9385 5995
Mob: 0418 455 089
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~ckutay

"Aboriginal people believe that only when non-Aboriginal people accept
the spirit we offer will they really feel at home in this land. To do
this white Australia must understand the culture of Aboriginal people
and accept it as their own. When white Australians come to understand
Aboriginal people and understand the immense value of Aboriginal culture
they will be fit to teach our young." Pat Fowell, Education (1988).