revSpeak to audio file?

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Mon Oct 16 08:22:01 EDT 2006

Richmond Mathewson <geradamas at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Poking around on my Mac I found the follwoing
> Apple-Script command:

and I found this one, to write down in the Terminal.app:

$ say -o mail.aiff "You got Mail\!"

I am not exactly a Terminal Geek, but I am using... Revolution to exert
some tedious actions, such as (return caveat) to backup muy Mail folder:

=====
on mouseUp
  get shell("rsync -aE /Users/domi/Library/Mail/
/Volumes/Silver_2/Mail/")
  if the result is not empty then answer the result else answer
"Commande réussie !"
end mouseUp
=====

and to manage different iPhoto bases:

=====
on mouseUp
  get shell("defaults read com.apple.iPhoto RootDirectory")
"Commande réussie !"
  answer it
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
  put "defaults write com.apple.iPhoto RootDirectory" && quote &
"/Users/domi/Pictures/iPhoto\ Library" & quote into cde
  get shell(cde)
  if the result is not empty then answer the result else answer
"Commande réussie !"
end mouseUp
=====

to see invisibles files in the Finder (toggle via a custom property):

=====
on mouseUp
  get the showinvis of me
  --
  if it then
    get shell("defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 0")
    if the result is not empty then
      answer the result
    else
      set the showinvis of me to false
      set the label of me to "Show Invisibles"
    end if
    --
  else
    get shell("defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 1")
    if the result is not empty then
      answer the result
    else
      set the showinvis of me to true
      set the label of me to "Hide Invisibles"
    end if
    --
  end if
  get shell("killall Finder")