shortcut problems

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Oct 16 05:59:28 EDT 2006

Dag Henk,

> Good day all,
>
> One of our apps is installed on a school's local network. The sys
> admin has created shortcuts to the program on the desktops of all
> the computers. Double clicking the shortcut will start the program,
> but the program can't find other stacks it should open.
>
> The program consists of a stand alone application, which is
> actually a splash screen with options for the user to select. Each
> option will open another stack. These other stacks are located in
> the same folder as the stand alone application.
>
> We did some testing. It turns out that the program sometimes thinks
> the defaultURL is the URL of the desktop where the shortcut is
> located (C:/Documents and Settings/carels/Bureaublad) instead of
> the folder where the program is located (//Bellefleur/M-schijf/
> Leerlingen/de dijk/hardinxveld.exe). How can this be? What can be
> done about it?

you could add this little script to the (standalone) stack:

on openstack
   put the filename of this stack into fn
   set itemdel to "/"
   delete last item of fn
   set the directory to fn
end openstack

Or use a global to store the correct directory and use this global
to open the other stacks in the same directory:

on openstack
   global the_correct_directory
   put the filename of this stack into fn
   set itemdel to "/"
   delete last item of fn
   put fn & "/" into the_correct_directory
end openstack

Then open the other stacks with:

  global the_correct_directory
  go stack (the_correct_directory &"name of file here.rev")

Hope that helps.

> Kind regards,
>
> Henk
> --------------------------