cards of a bg not recognized !?

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Fri Oct 13 11:46:18 EDT 2006

Le 13 oct. 06 à 16:08, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> You think as an HyperCard man ;-)
> Backgrounds act slightly differently with Revolution:
> Regarding to coding, a background is placed, as it was with HC,
> between the card and the stack in the message path.
> But, as you know it, you can place multiples backgrounds (groups)
> on the same card.
> So, regarding to objects relations, you can't say last cd of bg
> "frame2"
> But only group "frame2" of last cd (or any card where this group is
> placed)

> I assume you want to go to the last card where a group has been
> placed?
> Here is a fast workaround:
>
>   unmarl all cds
>   mark cds where there is a grp "frame2"
>   go last marked cd
>
> But actually, I think you should probably revise your architecture
> to be more "Rev" compliant ;-)

Bonjour Éric et merci for the "workaround" ; but
In fact, I want to add new cards to two different sets of cards ; in
the first set the cards share a group ( with behavior bg) say
"frame1" and in the second set the cards share another group (set to
bg too) say "frame2".

What I don't understand is that it works nicely with" frame1" and not
with "frame2" !?
  When I script :
go to last cd of bg "frame1"
create cd
etc.
it works well, from any cd in the stack, BUT
go to last cd of bg "frame2"
does not wor'k

I can't imagine why ?
I would appreciate a lot any explanation

Best regards from Grenoble
André

P.S. Another possible workaround : When I am on a cd having "frame2"
on it, then "go to last cd of this bg" works, then I could go to such
a cd (the first one).