Seeking Rev Consultant

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 04:08:02 EDT 2006

Is anyone interested in scripting for using a Unicode font?

The custom font may have up to 14000 characters.
255 Standard chars.
The remainder are Latin characters with attached joining strokes,
stored in the "Japanese" or the some "Other" Language part of the font.
Font/scripts will be used to 'join' English words.
A graphic example of the main function is shown here...
http://www.clubtype.co.uk/revDev-abc/abc-rev.jpg

 From the Users perspective...
Text is entered into A4/US Letter sized field.
As each character is entered, it 'joins' to the previous char.
After any text has been entered, User may go back and place
insertion point anywhere in the text and correct a spelling and
the word will re-join correctly.

Script efficiency is important to reduce screen flicker while processing
each char. A small flicker is acceptable, but not a long delay.

I will develop the interface and font(s) in Rev Studio.
I need a Rev. scriptor to create the 'joining' portion.
Just for a few joining characters to prove/test above requirements.
I will spend the long hours/days/months creating the font characters
then entering their Unicode/HTML/Decimal??? values in the script.

If interested, please contact me and I will furnish more information.
Many thanks,
Adrian
Club Type
http://www.clubtype.co.uk