[OT] Installing SheepShaver (was Re: Classic Emulators)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 14:32:50 EDT 2006

--- Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> I've amended my web page that describes everything
> step by step to make it
> easier for others to get started:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/env006.htm

Thanks for the guide - I had Basilisk up and running
in no time, but Sheepshaver was a tad confusing.

> [snip]
>
> I'm using 8.5 for the same reason.
>
> [snip]
>
> Ken Ray

Actually, Sheepshaver won't boot from my MacOS 8.5 CD
(Dutch) so I haven't been able to explore it further.
OTOH, it's a copy so I'll hunt for the original CD and
see if that does work.

While I can understand Apple's decision to not port
the Classic environment over to Intel, it would be
nice if this were a little easier and sanctioned by
the Mothership...

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>