Is this weird or is it me?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Oct 12 09:42:00 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06 2:48 AM, "Dave Cragg" <dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:

> I would have expected behaviour as Ken describes. I don't think it's
> a case of "swallowing" mouseClicks, but of passing them on through
> the hierarchy, e.g. to card, to stack, etc. That would be the same as
> if you clicked on any visible opaque object (button, image, card,
> field, etc.) that had no mouse event handlers.

Actually, Dave, you're absolutely right. A disabled button shouldn't prevent
the message from continuing through the hierarchy; for me the issue is not
so much that the mouse event is stopped at the button, but that the event is
allowed to occur in another object that is not in the hierarchy (e.g. the
button behind the disabled button).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/