RE Is this weird or is it just me?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Thu Oct 12 08:46:34 EDT 2006

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses and opinions on this small
matter!  And I do agree (conditionally) with both.

I still find it odd that mouseEnter does nothing but mouseUp does in
the sense that a clickable opject under the disabled button is
clicked.  As far as transparency is concerned, i use my own icons, so
in the disable state it doesn't look partially transparent, so it
still seems strange. especially in deBug mode when mouseEnter doesn't
call up the script and mouseUp brings up the script of the button
behind it.  Since both buttons actually do similar things, it took a
while for me to even try deBug mode and figure this out.

But i guess what i am really saying is either behavior for a disabled
button is perfectly acceptable to me  IF I KNOW ABOUT IT.  Couldn't
this have been mentioned in the docs?  I mean for a non-programmer
like me, when I first find something to use, like disable and enable,
I look in the dictionary to see exactly how to implement it and what
behaviour to expect. This reminds me of Dr. Strangelove's great line
to the Russian ambassador - ze whole point of zis doomsday machine is
lost - if you keep it a secret!  Vy didn't you tell ze Vorld!

Cheers,

Lars "we must not allow a mineshaft gap!" Brehmer

ps. another quickie - is there any way to do something like "repeat
for each marked card?"  I kinda doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.
Just looking for something quicker than:

get the num of marked cds
repeat it times
go next marked cd
doThis, doThat
end repeat

Also, is there a way to navigate between cards in a stack with a
preOpenCard handler and ignore preOpenCard?