HTML detection

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Oct 11 18:14:24 EDT 2006

Well, HTML is always supposed to begin with <HTML> and end with </HTML>.
But, if you're talking about Rev html-esque fragments, they don't follow the
rule above. However, theHTMLtext of a field always begins with <p> and ends
with </p> even if the content of the field is blank (and even if you set
theHTMLtext of the field to "<html>stuff</html>").

I suppose that you could say something like:

If "<p>" & the text of fld 1 & "</p>" = theHTMLtext of fld 1 then
  -- it's not formatted
else
  -- it's formatted
end if