Is this weird or is it me?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Oct 11 12:55:12 EDT 2006

I just wrestled with a problem, finally solving it by trying
something that in my opinion shouldn't be necessary, but why this was
necessary makes no sense to me whatsoever.  Can anyone explain this?

Two buttons, one right behind the other one.  When the one in front
is visible and disabled, it's "rollover" icon, which I do with
mouseEnter and mouseLeave, is disabled - so far so good - , but if it
is clicked on anyway, the script of the button behind it is
executed!  After a lot of cursing and dumfoundedness, I tried moving
it so it is NOT in front of the second one and it behaves as expected
- disabled.  OK, so put it behind the second one, and in all relevant
scripts hide the one that is now in front so my purpose is served,
but why is this necessary?  Why does clicking on a disabled button
cause the script of another button to run?

Just very, very curious!

Cheers,

Lars