Problem with copied files in filemager. How do I solve this?

William de Smet wdesmet at wanadoo.nl
Wed Oct 11 11:44:01 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a little filemanager in which it is possible to
copy files from one folder to another. I used FTP commander by Andre
Garzia as a startingpoint.

I use defaultfolder on one side and on the other side a browse button
(just like FTP commander).
I managed to get the file copied but then it appears to be just a textfile.
What am I doing wrong?

Code:
on mouseUp
  put fld "current folder" into tserver
  put "binfile:/" & fld "data folder" into tfolder
  put the hilitedLines of fld "local file list" into tLines
  repeat for each item tFile in tLines
    put line tFile of fld "local file list" into tFileName
    --delete last char of tFilename
    put tServer & tFileName into tServerPath
    put tFolder & "/" & tfilename into tFolderPath
    answer tServerPath & cr & tFolderPath
    put  URL tServerPath into URL tFolderPath
  end repeat
  refreshdatafilelist
end mouseUp

Like I said it's code based upon FTP manager.

I checked the documentation and the suggested to use revCopyFile
"folder/file.txt","folder/"

I tried to  change the code but nothing seems to work.
I am kinda stuck now.
Any suggestions are welcome!

greetings,

William de Smet