Comma in file names thwarting URLdecode(the files)

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Wed Oct 11 08:45:37 EDT 2006

Sure this has to be a simple question but I can't find anything about it
in docs or forum.

-The long files function returns a comma-delimited list of attributes.
-With URLdecode, a file name with comma skews item delimiting.
-Without URLdecode, a file name with percentage sign skews delimiting.
-Checking 'number of items' seems to be OS-dependent (last item empty on
Windows?!)

What am I missing?  How can I reliably derive a Windows-OS file name
from 'the files'?

Mark Powell
mark_powell (at symbol) symantec.com