Real-time stack updating

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Oct 11 08:13:24 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

How do you trigger the script that reads and displays the data? If
you do that from a startup handler, it may bot work. If you have
lockmessages set to true at some point and trigger the script from a
(pre)openstack handler, it may not work.

Why don't you check for the update on startup, before opening the
second stack, and download the update before reading the data? Just
keep the entire updating process in stack one. This is faster and
more secure because it will even work if the second stack contains a
critical bug.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 11-okt-2006, om 13:33 heeft Richard Miller het volgende geschreven: