rip dot mac

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Oct 9 19:13:47 EDT 2006

All-

...and reminded of this by another HackThisMac editorial, I feel the
urge to say that I decided a while back not to renew my .mac account.
I signed up for mine when they first became available and have had it
ever since, although mostly it remains dormant. It's never been more
than an email address for me, and one that I don't check all that
often. I've used the iDisk stuff a few times, but certainly not enough
to justify $100 a year for that an an email account. And the bit about
mangling MIME email digests just adds to the general disgust. Google
gives me twice as much online storage if I need it and secure
transfers, and my isp and domain host take care of the rest.

Anybody who wants a free gmail account invitation contact me offlist.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net