Object ID problems

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Mon Oct 9 16:03:42 EDT 2006

Something like this happened to me about 20 months ago, and I can't
remember for the life of me how I fixed it, I just remember it took
quite a while and was very strange.  Now it is happening again.

I am importing images into a stack of images i use as icons for
buttons in other substacks of this project, but suddenly when I
import a new image, Rev gives it the name and ID number of an image
that is already there!  Now, we all know two objects in the same
stack cannot have the same ID, so this causes strange problems, like
one of the two with the same ID cannot be selected, so It can't be
deleted or given a different ID number!  The last thing I tried was
create a second card in the stack and import more images, but the new
card gets the same ID as an existing image on the first card, and
subsequent imported images get existing ID's.

I have trashed the pList and tried again, I have trashed Rev and
reinstalled it, in short I think I have tried everything I can think
of, but new objects get existing ID's and even the name of an
existing image, regardless of what the name of the imported png file is!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  Is it a corrupt image?  If
so, how can I find it?

Cheers,

Lars