OT: Macbook Random Shutdown

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Oct 9 12:35:15 EDT 2006

chris-

Sunday, October 8, 2006, 9:56:16 AM, you wrote:

> In particular is suggests using the cmd-option-P-R key combination while
> booting 3 times.  On the third time let the system boot through to the
> desktop.

The triple-pram-zap has been a known fix to many mac problems since
long before OSX. I've never been quite sure what happens the third
time or why, but I've used this many times on many systems to good
effect. I used to do something similar back in the Win95 days,
rebooting three times after making any network change - there it was a
process of rebuilding the driver connection chain a little bit at a
time.

Andre - have you tried going into Open Firmware?:

Boot the computer while holding down command-option-o-f
At the prompt type
reset-nvram
reset-all
reboot