Overusing custom properties

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Oct 8 08:18:12 EDT 2006

>don't worry, check the MC "Help index" for "Limits"!
>
>Excerpt:
>Custom properties per object = uint4 = about 4 GB!
>
>Should be sufficient even for extraordinary needs :-)

Cool!

I haven't reached the heights of extraordinary yet :-)  I wanted to
make sure that I wasn't abusing the custom properties in some way
that would make Revolution unhappy.  Sometimes you CAN do something
but you SHOULDN'T.  I always think of them as a one or two word
storage unit.  I had never stored this much data in them before.

There are so many ways you can store something... in a field, a
global, a custom property... I didn't know if Revolution had some
quirky preferences as to what sort of data got stored in what sort of
way.

I'd be amazed if the entire stack gets to be more than 10 MB when finished.

Thank you, Klaus.
--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games