Collision Detection w/o AE

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Oct 6 02:50:55 EDT 2006

Hi Mark,

I hope you understand that I can not share the actual code of AE
here. :-) However I can share the principle.

Calculate the smallest rectangle of intersection and compare the
maskdata in that area. basically what you need to do is take the
maskdata of both portions of the 2 images that lay in the smallest
rectangle of intersection, add the values and check if it is over a
certain threshold value. If so you have a collision.

Implementing it did cost quite some of my hair though (and that is
why I won´t share the code here).

You wrote you need it for a student team. Maybe asking support for an
edu price for AE might be an option? You would get far more than
imageCollision detection only. :-)

All the best,

Malte