How to start this project...

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 10:40:30 EDT 2006

Event looping and interactions with users has been discussed many times on
the list over the years.  You should try searching for words like
'keyboard', 'trap', 'rawkeydown' 'focus'  'Mac vs Windows vs Linux' and read
through the many techniques (and limitations)

Don't rule out the use of a 'dialog box' to limit user interactivity, if
that can fit into your scheme.  This option could provide event/message
simplicity you need.

Also, study the way messages work in Rev.  There may be messages sent by Rev
that will surprise you, but they will be one of the keys to harnessing user
actions. (closefield, enterinfield, keydown, rawkeydown, selection, etc)

There may be some example stacks that show these interactions and you can
see some of the gotchas and limitations.

This is not an area I spend any time working on, since all of my apps are
for me, or quite simplistic.

Hope you find all that you are looking for.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas