Testing for numerics

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Oct 4 22:11:17 EDT 2006

I think this can be simpler:

return (pValue is an integer) AND (pValue >= 0)

Obviously, if it's an integer, it's also a number, and in this
context it might be better to avoid 'trunc' since in some
circumstances, (there is a thread from a while back about this) trunc
returns a non-integer result.

I'm still not clear on whether zero is positive, though, especially
since we can have -0 and +0 apparently, though being mathematically
unsophisticated I'd have thought them equal, except to a dumb computer!

Best,

Mark