[OT] - REALBasic Claims 100K Users

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Oct 4 17:36:43 EDT 2006

Peter,

Rev would also trigger your firewall due to RevOnline launching on
startup (unless you disable it on the prefs). It's not phoning home
but it's sure accessing a server. Thats why I hate this firewall
softwares, it's all or nothing. In windows they go all jumpy. Now
imaigine me. At a common day work I have maybe three or four ssh
sessions, many stack tools acessing server, some standalones too....

I was an RB user too. I moved out of their base because the first
releases for Mac OS 10.1 were horrible. Thank God I found Rev.

What got me into Rev what the following line:

move this stack to the screenloc

When I first executed this on my first stack using Revolution Starter
Kit from eons ago, man, I was smilling so much, it was so fun! I got
the stack walking back and forth like a schizophrenic pong machine!
And I thought: "maybe I can also code something useful out of it too..."

Now my only wish for Rev is NESTED ARRAYS AND THREADS!!!!! Sorry for
the all caps, I get emotional over this topics... :-)

Andre