Shell

Hershel Fisch hershf at rgllc.us
Wed Oct 4 16:01:58 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06 6:51 AM, "Sarah Reichelt" <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks,
 this is what I put into the message box

put "#!/bin/sh" & cr into tScript put "pw=" & quote & "vehachhkl" & quote &
cr after tScript
put "echo $pw | sudo -S /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -
i" & cr after tScript
put shell(tScript)

This is the result for the above script
Password:
"root" execution of the PostgreSQL server is not permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromise.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

--put "#!/bin/sh" & cr into tScript
put "pw=" & quote & "vehachhkl" & quote & cr after tScript
put "echo $pw | sudo -S /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -
i" & cr after tScript
put shell(tScript)

And this is the result for this script, I'm wondering.
1
But it doesn't open "postgres"
Thanks again.
Hershel