[OT] - REALBasic Claims 100K Users

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Oct 4 16:05:09 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Heck, if we're just counting total downloads since the product was
> launched then WebMerge has about half a million users. :)

And if we're counting hits to our website (www.buttongadget.com), then
ButtonGadget has over 1 million users.

Damn, you'd think I'd have more money by now! Oh, yeah, we're not
counting paid versions.

I wonder what the 'paid' installed base for RB is? That all said, I do
believe the 100K number is a good marketing ploy. It would make me
more confident in a proprietary development product.

I wonder what Rev's (combined with MC's) total number of downloads would be?

It seems if they could make a case for a large number (like RB), then
it might also help in the marketing spiel. After all, I doubt Lynn
will jump in with any sort of disclaimer if Rev releases
numbers--(waiting...)