License?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Oct 4 15:31:27 EDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>> With 2.6.1 I received a license agreement file.  I am not able to
>> find it in the 2.7 Enterprise folder.  Did I get a copy of the
>> license?
>
> When I installed 2.7 I saved the license agreement (there's a button
> for it when you install). But I haven't done that in any of the point
> releases, so I couldn't tell you if it's changed since then.

I was confused at that point in installation.  I thought it meant
save the revolution system and wasn't sure how that was not the same
as installing.  I considered the possibility that that maybe created
a big installer file for moving to like systems, but that seemed
unlikely since there are downloads for that, or were.

Even now that I understand that it means to save the file, it seems
strange.  One candidate location for saving the file is in the
installation, which, if I remember the installation right, did not
exist yet.

And even if I (obviously obtuse at times) did understand that, I
might have assumed that there would be no need; I would just use the
copy in the installation file set.

Would it be a good feature to ask for?  That is, for the license to
be installed as well as optionally saved to some location.

Maybe there is some legal or managerial reason for allowing saving
but not installing.

(BTW, I have received a copy of the 2.7.1 license in eMail.)

Dar