[OT] - REALBasic Claims 100K Users

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Oct 4 14:36:37 EDT 2006

> In a press release <http://www.macmegasite.com/node/3201>
> today, REALBasic indicated its product now produces Universal
> Binaries, but I found it more intriguing that they claim
> 100,000 users of their product. I can't believe that's a real
> number but if it is, they have clearly been doing a lot of
> growing in the past 12-18 months, probably at the expense of
> VB which has driven its users away in droves with its stupid
> "take .NET or go away"
> approach.

Something to keep in mind is the following:

1. They have a free linux version.
2. They did a massive giveaway of their Windows version a few years ago, and
more than once.
3. 1&2 numbers can be used as numbers for "developers" even if there is no
real proof the developer didn't simply delete after downloading.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution, Ltd