[OT] - REALBasic Claims 100K Users

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:24:49 EDT 2006

In a press release <http://www.macmegasite.com/node/3201> today, REALBasic
indicated its product now produces Universal Binaries, but I found it more
intriguing that they claim 100,000 users of their product. I can't believe
that's a real number but if it is, they have clearly been doing a lot of
growing in the past 12-18 months, probably at the expense of VB which has
driven its users away in droves with its stupid "take .NET or go away"
approach.

That would also mean they are *considerably* larger than I suspect RunRev is
(though RunRev, like most companies, doesn't reveal installed-base numbers).