Help with table fields and cell editing

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Oct 4 12:49:16 EDT 2006

I share your pain about table fields. Out of the box, stock, they act
quite odd. What we wanted was basically Excel, what we got was to me
so strange that I didn't want to go there. But I think that they need
additional coding to make them usable by humans. (see links to Eric
Chatonet stack below)

Some hard core among us has tried to tackle this, but most find a
different way to approach the problem, like tab-delimited lists that
display a field hovering just above where clicked, etc.

Rev officials have admitted that Rev Tables is flawed, and has
mentioned that improvements are in the works in some future date.

The beauty of rev is that if you don't like the way a particular
prefab control works, you can roll your own that will usually do the
job better.

Having said that, list member Eric Chatonet has offered some tips on
using table fields. He seems to have found a way to make them work
like you want.

here's the stack: (watch word wrap)
http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=telecharger&l=en&arch=tutorials/Managing%20Table%20Fields.rev.zip

or

download his Tutorial stack, and choose the appropriate topic.
http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=revolution_didacticiels&l=en

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o