Rev 2.7.4 standalone versions

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Oct 3 15:10:02 EDT 2006

>Precisely why marketers would have a keen interest in quantifying
>this. It would be invaluable to know the percentages of those likely
>to buy products for OS X and those who haven't bought a new computer
>in more than half a decade.
>
>If the number of people using OS 9 is anything close to as large as
>it was two years ago, all projections for all OS X-based vendors
>will produce a deficit for these companies unless they're able to
>know and correct for this dormant submarket.
>
>For this reason it would seem very useful for a professional
>marketing firm or major vendor to have put out the relatively minor
>cost to quantify this submarket.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal

I doubt that reliable stats are readily available. Anyway, I doubt
them being that useful for marketing anyway. IMHO, OS9 is pretty much
dead for general software releases. I believe that OS9 users pretty
much already have what they need in terms of production and utility
sofware and since there are no new OS releases for them, whatever
they have will function forever. If they needed newer software, they
have bought a newer computer. Having said that, I also believe that
there is still enough sale opportunities for specific vertical apps
that target or include support for OS9.

Robert