Long Filename for Stackfile Breaks Save?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Oct 3 11:19:14 EDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:35 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> It's an OS limitation since a very long time: always limit stack
> names to 31 chars extension included.
> You may open a file the name of which is longer if you rename it
> later in the finder

I think Rev's file length problems reside in the backup routine.  Rev
seems to run into problems when creating the backup file.  If you
create a new stack and save it with a really long filename on OS X
everything works as expected.

If you try to save the stack using the existing filename then you get
"can't open stack backup file" in the result.  If you delete the file
on disk (or rename it) and then save the stack everything works.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com