How to start this project...

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 12:52:35 EDT 2006

Martin/Jacqueline,
Thank you for clarifying things.
Looking at the script it makes perfect sense.
I'm very grateful for the starting point.
There will now be a gap in time while I get my head around
these suggestions and try to put them into practice. I may
need to come back and get further clarification ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't get to spend lots of straight time on
this kind of project. Its mostly in fits and starts - not the best
way to get familiar with new things.
Later,
Adrian

On 2 Oct 2006, at 10:47, Martin Blackman wrote:

> Jacqueline covered it much better than me there. The lookupchar
> function was indeed intended as a separate function for you to write.
> eg. you might do something like this
>
> -- field "input" contains list of chars which should be replaced, eg
> "ABC"
> -- field "output" contains your desired output chars in matching
> order, eg "123"
>
> function lookupchar tchar
>    get offset (tchar,field "input")
>    if it = 0 then return tchar else \
>            return char it of field "Output"
> end lookupchar

_______________________________________
Adrian Williams Design Ltd (trading as Club Type),
44 Mill Lane,
Merstham,
Redhill,
Surrey RH1 3HQ, UK

Telephone/Facsimile: 01737 643300
dFax (computer reception): 0870 0515681

International tel/fax (UK)+44 1737 643300
International dFax:  (UK)+44 870 0515681

Email: adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Website: http://www.clubtype.co.uk