Rev 2.7.4 standalone versions

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 16:10:57 EDT 2006

Regarding which of the standalone versions to include in distributing one's
built applications, please correct me if my logic is wrong here:
a. I assume that very few Mac users have operating systems that are earlier
than OS X, so one does not have to be so concerned about distributing for OS 9
(or Classic).
b. Many people, though, may have OSX versions less than 3.9, so distributing
an application in Universal Binary would not help these users, if Universal
Binary requires OS X.3.9 or higher.   One would then have to also include
PowerPC-only (for all versions of OSX) and Intel-only (for optimal performance on
Intel) versions to reach most users.
c.   Perhaps the ideal way of distributing might be a combination of
PowerPC-only and Intel-only versions.   That should cover all PowerPC versions as
well as Intel.   It would not be necessary to include the Universal Binary
version.
Does this logic make sense?
Steve Goldberg