Linux installation

Rishi Viner rishi at puredata.com.au
Wed May 31 19:19:44 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:56 am, Bob Warren wrote:
> If any of you have non-Debian based Linuxes installed, would you mind
> giving it a quick try? I would also be interested in knowing the
> contents of the "sys_info.txt" output file under your different Linux
> flavour.

On Gentoo (with KDE), I get:

/home/rishi/Desktop/
/home/rishi/
/usr/
/tmp/
/home/rishi/
failed
failed
failed

in my sys_info.txt

Under KDE it looks like you have trouble with FontsFolder, StartupItemsFolder,
TrashFolder.

I'm fairly sure the normal fonts location is: /usr/share/fonts/

My startup items folder is at: /home/rishi/.kde/Autostart/

My trash is at /home/rishi/Desktop/trash.desktop which is a shortcut with
URL=trash:/
I'm not sure how those KDE/Konqueror KIOslave URLs work in terms of file
systems... might get more info on this as freedesktop.org?

HTH

--
Rishi Viner