GoURL and Firefox and Windows

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Tue May 30 12:13:36 EDT 2006

Richard (and anyone else who may be interested),

I found a handy workaround for this problem on Ken Ray's site (thanks
again, Ken).

set the hideConsoleWindows to true
     put empty into tTitle
     if "NT" is in the systemVersion then
         set the shellCommand to "cmd.exe"
         put quote & quote into tTitle
     end if
     replace "/" with "\" in pURL
     get shell("start" && tTitle && quote & pURL & quote)

I made a couple minor modifications to please my needs. Only tested
by me under Win 2000/XP, but according to Ken, it should work for any
version of Windows.

Chris

On May 24, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Chris Sheffield wrote:
>
>> After experimenting a little more, I've found that it works fine
>> on  another PC, so it must be some setting on the first one
>> that's  causing the problem. I'll have to investigate further.
>
> Please keep us posted with what you learn.  I've had a similar
> report from a customer here, but have been unable to reproduce it.
>
> Thanks in advance -
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation