First record status inconsistent using SQLite

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri May 26 22:30:45 EDT 2006

On 5/26/06, Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I remember an old discussion about when exactly you
> were at the end of a cursor: on the last record, or
> after you call revdb_movenext on the last record?
> FoxPro seemed to think that the EOF() was _after_ the
> last record, not on it.

I basically see the same thing with Rev and MySQL. If the cursor is in the
middle of a record set and I use the Rev calls to move previous until I get
to the first record, Rev does not recognise it as the first record until I
move previous one more time. Exactly the same thing for moving next and
recognising the last record in the record set.

I know this doesn't help much, but it does suggest  the 'inconsistency' is
in fact consistent:-)

If you start at the first record (either because you created a new record
set or you used a db call to move to first record) then it is recognised as
the first record. Basically the same for the last record. BUT once you move
away from these, moving back to them using 'previous' or 'next' will not
result in them be recognised, you need to try an move past them, then
they'll be recognised.

HTH.