Disable combo box menu item?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri May 26 02:34:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Judy Perry wrote:
> >
> > For all other multiple-option button types, doing this disables the
> > particular button/menu option.  But for the combo box, it simply shows an
> > enabled-state menu item that looks like this:  "(Vodka"
> >
> > Why?
>
> Combo buttons are odd animals, half field and half button. It looks like
> they don't support disabling individual lines, just as you can't disable
> a line in a field. I think they probably should..

--Thanks.  I thought that maybe I was losing even more brain cells than I
had previously thought to be losing.

> The OS draws those, so it is out of Rev's hands. But I can't recall ever
> seeing a disabled default button in OS X. Is that even possible?

--Yup, and, apparently, Rev makes it possible? Try this:

1.  Create a standard push button.

2.  Open the object inspector -> down at the bottom you can select BOTH
default and disabled.

Go figure.

Judy