Unicode sorting

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu May 25 19:03:49 EDT 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Set useunicode to true and use chartonum(char 1 of word 1 of
> unicodeString) to sort your list.

This didn't work. Did you mean chartonum(char 1 to 2 of word 1 of
unicodeString) ?

I see where you're going, but the problem is that none of the
approaches I've tried sorts upper and lower case properly. Instead it
sorts on all upper case letters first, then all lower case letters.
Further, if I sort by any chunk of the line containing a space, it
sorts the space *after* all other letters.

I may be forced to roll my own sort routine.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University