S-L-O-W text entry -- Solved

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu May 25 13:41:34 EDT 2006

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Thanks for the many people that made helpful suggestions. Sorry, I didn't
>record the name of the person that gave me the apparent answer so I could give
>them an attaboy here. That person suggested I might have a pendingMessages()
>problem. When I came upon the s-l-o-w text entry yesterday I canceled all the
>pendingMessages and the text entry problem disappeared without
>having to reboot
>revolution. I added a canceling script where it will be activated
>automatically. If the problem doesn't happen again soon, I'll know
>for sure that was the
>problem. You guys are great, I don't know what I'd do without you.
>
>Joe
>Orlando, FL

That's great! I'm looking forward to not having this problem any more.

Do you know what the pending messages were, or where they were coming from?

Do you think they represent a RR bug, or is it more likely some
scripting error of your own?

I still wonder if we've been talking about more than one issue, with
similar symptoms. Am I the only one who has sometimes been vexed by
slow keyboard response in other OS X applications, like Pages or
textEdit?

Cheers,

Tim