The ssl library again

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu May 25 13:12:34 EDT 2006

Has anyone actually had any success with the ssl & encryption
library? I'm really struggling here.

I'm trying to interact with an https SOAP based service, but I can't
even get the wsdl using the library.

libUrlSetSSLVerification false -- or I simply get certificate errors
put "https://securesrveicename.wsdl" into tURL
put URL tURL into fld "Response"

simply times out,

while using the shell 'curl'

put "https://securesrveicename.wsdl" into tURL
get shell("curl" && tURL)
put it into fld "response"

gets the wsdl reliably, so the problem must surely be with the
library, or at least libUrl, I think.
Or perhaps it's to do with the version of openSSL on this (Mac OS
10.4.6) machine. The version of curllib and openSSL i have is:
curl 7.13.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0) libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7i
zlib/1.2.3

I'm starting to feel like I've spent 156 UKP on a pig in a poke...

Any clues gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Mark