Recreating Deleted Field Crashes Rev v2.7.1 on WinXP

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed May 24 14:54:54 EDT 2006

Moi:

>> 5. In the field's basic properties, set the name to the name of the
>> deleted field...Rev hangs up for me here.
>>

> Did it again...I'm trying to see/set tabstops in Table Properties.

Rev 2.7.1 on Win XP:

I created a new field, then selected its Table Properties just to set
tabstops.  Rev is totally unresponsive, and I'm rebooting as I write
this.

Does this happen to anyone else?  Last time this happened I checked the
Message Watcher, and found that all mouse clicks resulted in crevTable
messages--or something like that-- instead of mouseUp/down..

IMFO, Rev's tabStop setting mechanism sucks.  The tabStops only appear
on the Table Properties, and even if you expand the Table Properties
window, the tabStops field doesn't grow to allow access to all settings
(in my case I can only get to 5 of 7 tabStops).

And just setting tabStops or vertical/horizontal grids in a field
should not invoke the whole spreadSheet/Table overhead, me thinks.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company