video at the conference?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue May 23 11:44:19 EDT 2006

I'd rather see reasonable lighting and a microphone at least on the
podium before worrying about obfuscating bad video with clever
editing. A full time camera operator that is not a participant is
essential.

Amateurs usually don't bother with production values such as these,
but it's silly as these things are easily done. This raises the value
of the presentation to something that could endure, rather than be a
throw-away one shot.

It's one thing to say 'throw up a camera' and another to sit and
watch a stationary camera shot on a computer for an hour.

Also editing takes hour$. It's better to get well-recorded
C-Span-like live coverage with a little switching, then you're done.

There is a lot of semi pro video around - surely there's someone
competitive in the area to do this.

sqb

--
stephen barncard