2.7.1 annoying window thing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 20 20:11:46 EDT 2006

Thomas McCarthy wrote:
> I decided to start using 2.7.1 because the ".1" number at the end
> hinted that most of the bugs were out.
>
> Has anyone noticed this? I have a window, not a pallet, but it's
> decoration is set to minimize and close box. Now in 2.7.1, other
> stacks open up _behind_ this window-- even the answer dialogue!

I don't see that on OS X here. Note that on Windows you must include the
"menu" option in the decorations. If you use Rev's property inspector
interface to set the decorations, then it should be correct. If you've
already done that then I guess it is a bug. Submitting an example stack
to Bugzilla would be appreciated, I'm sure.

> Also, 2.7.1 was _supposed_ to be backward compatible, but the one
> stack that I tried to save in a compatable format couldn't be opened
> in 2.6.1 (in fact, it caused a crash, I believe). This wouldn't
> bother me, BUT we can't at the moment build Mac classic apps in
> 2.7--since I'm targeting educational markets, I assume there are
> still a lot of labs running in classic mode. [not to mention that my
> app doesn't do anything that an older machine can't handle!]

I think there must be something else going on, because I routinely save
stacks in the older format and switch back and forth between Rev engine
versions. Did you use the popdown button in the Save dialog to set the
legacy format you want to save in? Unless you specifically do a new Save
or a Save-As and set this button choice, stacks will automatically be
saved in the newer format.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com