Use emulated look for app permanently

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Sat May 20 14:24:27 EDT 2006

Hi Judy,

Well, I don't mean the title bar and resize, just the gui elements that
are actually affected when we use the look & feel emulation in Rev itself.

Whether it's Gnome or KDE, the title bar and resize stuff is all fine,
it's just that ugly motif look that comes with using the linux engine in
Rev that's a bummer.

Using the Windows emulated or Mac OS Platinum emulated looks far better
than the Motif.

Thanks,
-Garrett

Judy Perry wrote:
> Hi Garrett,
>
> I think the only thing you can do is take screenshots of the various
> look'n'feel elements and paste them in individually, scripting each part
> that's supposed to do something (e.g., maximize/minimize/close elements,
> etc.).  I don't know how you'd handle resizing, though.  Maybe by making
> the overall window look'n'feel larger than the stack's size and script
> movement of the resizing handle.
>
> Judy
>
> On Sat, 20 May 2006, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>
>> Rev 2.6.1 / Linux
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Is it possible to permanently use one of the emulated "look & feel"
>> themes in a standalone rev app?
>>
>> That motif is just so ugly that I'd rather use the Windows emulated look
>> all the time for any Linux app I make.
[snip]