Implementation of a database

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat May 20 10:19:57 EDT 2006

Hi Ian,

> I realise that I can put one record for each card or read the data
> from a text file or custom property into 1 card or even use SQL at
> some stage. My preference would be to have one record per card but is
> this the best option for my application? At present I'm using Rev
> Media 2.7.

A 500-card database stack is -- within the context I work -- fairly
small; so I see no reason why one record per card won't work...in a
single-user environment.

If you want a multi-user or client/server database, that's another
story:

To the best of my knowledge, Rev Media does not support revDatabase
calls, Valentina, or any flavor of SQL.  This leaves you "rolling your
own" db or experimenting with SDB
<http://wecode.org/serendipity/>.

Since SDB is 100% native Trans...[oops] Revolution, it should be usable
by Rev Media developers; however I will not be testing SDB's Rev Media
capabilities until I finish scripting and testing the enhancements I'm
currently working on.

If you have any interest in pursuing this, contact me privately and we
can determine whether SDB for Rev Media is a reality.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company