selecting portion of a group to display

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 19 23:57:02 EDT 2006

On May 19, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Russ McBride wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction on this noob issue?
>
> Let's say I've got a group of a 100 buttons lined up horizontally.
> Only 3 are seen at any time by virtue of the dimensions of the
> group.  I want to make the next 3 buttons visible without changing
> the dimensions or location of the group.  How?  Essentially, I want
> to horizontally "scroll" within the group's "window".

Russ,

First, make sure the locLocation property of the group is true
(you've probably figured this out already) so the group won't keep
trying to resize itself to show all its child objects. Then use the
hScroll property to set the amount you want to scroll the group's
contents. The dictionary explains the property really well. You'll
probably also need to look at the formattedWidth property.

devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University