Basic UI idiosyncrasies (bugs?) with 2.7.1 Win version

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 04:14:35 EDT 2006

Greetings from a very warm and sunny west coast, normally referred to by people not living here as the "wet" coast

I just had a chance to compare Mac vs. Win versions of 2.7.1 (side by each) and a number of basic UI idiosyncrasies (bugs?) really highlighted themselves on the Win side of things, and I was wondering if this is new to v2.7.1 or just new observations for me.  The most frustrating one is not being able to get the whole of the Rev UI and the opened stacks to be the topmost windows (with other Win apps open), when clicking on any of the Rev UI windows or an open stack window.

For example, if I have a stack open with the message box open (and no other Win app running) I will see the basic Revolution interface bar, the Tools palette, the Message Box window, and the stack window.  If I now open, say, Win Explorer it opens on the top of everything (correct/expected behaviour), but normal Windows behaviour then means I should be able to click on any visible part of the stack, or the Rev UI (Tools palette, Message Box, etc.) and everything to do with the Rev UI including the open stack windows should all come to the front.  However, only the window you click on comes to the front, except in the case of clicking on the main Rev interface bar and then just some of the Rev components (not all !!) come to the front.  I say "not all" as I know the Documentation doesn't, but I haven't had time to try every component !!

I guess this is because Rev does not bind all of its components (and any open stack windows) together, as is standard Windows practice with other apps.

I can't find anything on Bugzilla which is strange as I'm sure this sort of behaviour has existed for some time.  Am I missing a pref or something, or is this really just life with Rev running in Windows ?

Thanks, Bob...

PS. setting the Backdrop to true does not help !!