Moving files to trash

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu May 18 04:04:23 EDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Richmond Mathewson <geradamas at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One of the ways to avoid RR's instant 'delete' would be to have your stack/standalone create a directory at a standardised place on the end-user's machine (how about in the user's 'home' directory?) called something like "RTrash" and files could be jettisoned there. The 'RTrash' directory could be deleted when the stack'standalone stops running should you so wish.

Thanks for the details Richmond. Given the variety, I think a variant
of this idea is the best. I'll make a "Deleted Items" folder and have
a menu item to empty it.

However, I wish Rev had a command for deleting to the trash.
revDeleteFolder moves the folder to trash, but on Macs only and there
is no revDeleteFile command to do the same for files.

Cheers,
Sarah